When you invest in a travel business, it is very essential for you to understand the needs and demands of your target audience. The market is quite overcrowded and the frequently changing demands make it even more competitive and fierce for you to receive a sustainable growth in the industry. The most common service millennial travelers prefer to buy together with flight ticket, is hotel room. So, you cannot rely only on flight booking option, if you wish to get more customers. Therefore Hotel Extranet come to the forefront that enables hoteliers and OTAs to come together and collaborate to increase their sales. Hotel Extranet stands for Hotel Central Reservation System and is used by resorts, lodge and hotels to provide quality service to the clients through an online platform. It provides hoteliers access to unique log in and password management and enables the customers to get all necessary information related to accommodation, price, deals and discounts, images of the hotels and hotel rooms etc. With hotel extranet, hotelier can get access to their inventory and rate management and decide whether they are able to increase or less room and apply the dynamic rate for their room category.
A natural human instinct is, people prefer comparing the products of each supplier before purchasing it. They do it through an OTA, which aggregates the data of hotels worldwide. It helps the client to select the best-suited hotel. But booking from the website of a hotel directly prevent them from comparing the price and services, thus they prefer booking from OTA. This is the reason, why hotelier should merge with the OTAs to increase the sales of their hotel rooms. Having a web-based network helps hoteliers to update their data, which includes descriptions, restrictions, allotments, rates and special offers.
Hotel Extranet is a computerized reservation system that revolves around storage and distribution of information concerning hotels, resorts or lodge. The best part of hotel API integration to your online travel portal is, it is flexible and so hoteliers can include various latest offers or updates instantly and it helps scaling-up the margin of your business.
Some basic features of hotel extranet are mentioned below:
- Manage rooms availability, number of rooms and dates available to book
- View and manage history of all confirm, modified and cancel bookings
- A user-friendly site where user can get all the information with single search
- Connectivity of online travel agents and mobile booking engines
- Multiple distribution system emphasized with channel manager usage
- Flexible and scale up the margin of your business
- Agent allocation
- Use various mark-up on agents
- Take care of supplements, mandatory or optional supplements
- Hotel distance from airport, railways etc.
- Handle hotel blackout
- Handle rooms on the basis of minimum, optimum and normal occupancy, extra bed, permit pets or not
- Manage seasons
- Auto email and SMS alert for booking verification and confirmation
- Deal with room facilities
- Deal management system to enter package plans and make them available on all reservation channels like B2B, B2C for reservations.
Benefits given by the API provider for hotel are:
- Reduce margin of error
- Increase productivity and sales
- Works and deliver results instantly in compare to earlier manual system
- Build customer loyalty
Hotel Extranet enables you to sale your rooms both directly and indirectly and helps managing rates, availability and other data from a single point of entry. It gives you the opportunity to secure more bookings by updating a huge number of occupancies which are required by you and gives you the advantage of reducing cancellation and makes you an effective and reliable hotelier in the industry.